Discussing the key Problem Areas and how to deal with them
Friday 9 September 2022 at The Shard, Floor 24/25, 32 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SG
Friday 16 September 2022 at The Captains Club Wick Ferry, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 1HU
08.30–09.00 Registration with Tea/Coffee and Pastries
09.00 – 10.30 Seminar plus questions
Areas covered will include:
- What do I need to do to dismiss an employee, who has a lot of absence, who might have a disability, fairly and without discriminating?
- How do I work out if an employee has a disability?
- How do I decide if adjustments are necessary and which adjustments are reasonable?
- Where is the best place to go for a medical report?
- If an employee has a disability:
- Are they entitled to more time off sick before we start our absence management procedures?
- Are they entitled to a longer period of company sick pay?
- Can I dismiss an employee who repeatedly fails to follow procedures for reporting absence?
- Can I go ahead with a formal absence management meeting even if the employee says they are too unwell to attend?
- How do I deal with combined disciplinary issues (e.g. failing to report absences) and health issues (lots of sickness absence)?
- What if they raise a grievance claiming their sickness has been caused by their employer’s actions?
- Notice pay – full pay or SSP?
- Pregnancy-related sickness absence – do we have to pay full pay?
£45 plus VAT
Please email email@example.com to book your place.