Employment & HR Law Case Studies
We've helped businesses of all shapes and sizes in employment tribunals and hearings throughout the UK. Here are just some of the examples.
How much could you save?
Over the last decade we have saved clients several millions in costs and compensation, by successfully defending claims or reaching advantageous settlements.
THE EMPLOYMENT TRIBUNAL
Recent/current cases include acting for:
Recent cases include representing:
- A construction group in Carlisle in relation to breaches of post-termination restrictions and duties of good faith and confidentiality by a director and shareholder.
- A European transportation company based in Hampshire in connection with a claim against a senior employee who set up a competing business during his employment. The case was settled with the employee giving contractual undertakings and paying our costs.
- A firm of insurance brokers in a claim against a former broker who joined a competitor and solicited the business of his key clients. The claim was settled with the broker giving undertakings, paying a substantial sum in respect of lost profits, and paying our legal costs.
We advised the Board of Beales department stores on the closure of several of its stores, in the period prior to its Administration, which involved working with them closely on managing collective redundancy consultations with trade unions and employee representatives.
Working with several luxury hotel groups on implementing redundancies as a result of Covid-19 and on the closure of a number of venues – resulting in massive savings on overheads.
Our most recent corporate support work involved acting for a hospitality group on the acquisition of two new venues. Hill Dickinson advised on the corporate and property aspects and I advised on the employment aspects.
Advising a group of companies in the UK (Danish owned) on an intra group transfer of the business of one of the group companies and its staff.
Advising a school on the outsourcing of its cleaning staff.
Advising an industrial products company on the loss of a major contract and the TUPE implications.
Working with an international construction company, producing a new suite of employment documentation for its UK workforce – and for its international workforce with the help of local lawyers in overseas jurisdictions.
A few examples of recent/current work for clients. Advising:
- A hotel group on a grievance against the group Finance Director by the HR Director.
- A firm of architects on employing or engaging staff, remotely, based in various European countries.
- A construction company on a disciplinary process for a manager appearing on an online training course while displaying an inappropriate Zoom background.
- A major retailer on the removal of the head of its warehouse hub.
Advising two director/shareholders on their removal from a property company including on a disputed and protracted process for the purchase of their shares.
Advising a legal training company on the removal of a director and shareholder including on the (ambiguous) terms of an employee share scheme and the articles of association.
What our clients say
We have used Rayner Jones for employment law advice for several years. They provide clear, practical and realistic advice and deal with any urgent matters very swiftly. I would be happy to recommend Rayner Jones to employers looking for a friendly and reliable service.
I have worked with Rayner Jones for several years. As a firm they have always delivered an excellent service. They provide advice with a commercial and balanced perspective, ensuring the best possible outcome. They are always available to take a call and I can get good advice whenever I need it.
We have had the support of Rayner Jones for many years and have always received concise, timely advice that has sympathetically dealt with the most sensitive of employment problems. We would have no hesitation in recommending this firm.
WHITEHAVEN HARBOUR COMMISSIONERS
Employment Law & HR Insight
Delivered to your inbox once a month
No spam ever. Unsubscribe in 1 click.